Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Who spilled the milk?

last Friday: after working out and dropping Neil off with his carpool buddy, Madeline, I rushed home to quickly jump in the shower, grab a bite to eat and head off to a much anticipated pool day with the girls at the office. I grabbed a quick cup of milk and was off.

I got home 6 hours later and was super hungry. I remembered that I had splurged and bought BRAND NAME Honey Bunches of Oat.....w/ almonds :) I cannot describe the giddyness I felt in knowing I was about to enjoy my favorite cereal on my day off. What a happy way to end the day. I poured the cereal, dancing around the kitchen in excitement (no dramatic flair added, I swear), went for the fridge and found no milk. Hmmm...I forgot I had milk that morning but was still convinced that I had just seen milk in the fridge. I closed the door and opened it again, thinking a fresh perspective would reveal the milk jug right in front of my eyes. But, no. I was really confused and really frustrated that I wouldn't be having my HBOO. Ever tried to tease a craving? It's miserable. I opted for grape juice instead and when I opened the cabinet to get a cup, what did I find? $2.50 worth of milk sitting luke warm next to my spices. 'You've got to be kidding me.' I went to pour it out, lamenting my intense desire to have my cereal. Then I remembered how many bizarre things I have eaten in other countries. And it inspired me...

I had my bowl of cereal. Lukewarm milk and all.
and it was fabulous.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

courtney, i love you. i can just picture you dancing around the kitchen.

can i just tell you that i'm excited you're blogging? now come on, keep doing it!!! these are my simple pleasures and help me to not feel so far away from everyone...

erinlizabeth said...

i agree with misty.

it definitely brought a smile to my face - that picture of you dancing around your kitchen then eating cereal with lukewarm milk.

i love you, friend!

Lynn B said...

Courtney, that sounds like something I would do, leave milk in the cupboard :+) A little warm milk never hurt anyone, not that I know of! Looks like I logged in anyway. Lynn

The McKnights said...

Justin and I have accidently left all our groceries in the trunk of the car recently. We were SOOO Disappointed when we realized it sat in the car all night (milk, yogurt, etc...)! And so we decided the same thing you did (being mission field hopefuls), we went ahead and ate it and we survived!!! After all, when you live on a tight budget, nothing goes to waste!

Thanks for the blog. I love reading it!

Anonymous said...

haha I really did LOL when I read that.

And mom's right...she would do something like this. The most common thing is when she puts the peanut butter in the frig...

tim

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney & Neil: Thank you for the recent mailing and for keeping in touch with your family and friends. This blog is an excellent idea. I enjoy reading your stories! Gary and I drink warm milk every weekend (sits on the counter through 1-2 pots of coffee). Love, Glenda