Sunday, September 14, 2008

Yapta

I must admit that I have a terrible weakness to really cool websites and games. Some places I have wasted precious hours of my life in the past are homestarrunner, Atomic Badger Racing, The Black Knight, LaunchCast, that game where you are Yeti and you hit a penguin like a baseball, Engrish.com, and looking up obscure baseball stats with Tim on mlb.com. My latest vice is Yapta.com. This site starts off like a regular airplane flight search, giving you the prices of major carriers for a certain date. However, it gets really cool when you can actually track a flight over time and have Yapta email you when the price goes down over time. This method really only works when you know you are travelling about 4 months beforehand (as the price is usually lowest somewhere around 2 months before). I found myself constantly checking the price to the point of annoyance for my wife whom I asked probably about a half dozen times "Do you think we should by them yet?". Her response was always "Yes", to which I would say, "Ok, let's wait and see if the price goes down more!" She's a saint, but I saved us about $70!

What's your website vice of choice these days?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You NAAAASTY BRUTE!"

It's funny that you should say that about mlb.com. I was thinking about you the other day because I was looking on there for stats!

The guy that has stolen home base the most times was Ty Cobb. He stole home 54 times! (On a many occasions it was a double steal, and on a few occasions it was part of a TRIPLE STEAL)! haha

teece

Anonymous said...

PS

Oh, and websites of choice.

www.espn.com
www.time.com

And if you need a good laugh, here are two blogs worth checking out:

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
http://www.englishfailblog.com/

teece