Monday, March 22, 2010

Maximum Size

I've learned to do my absolute best to shop BY MYSELF in India. I don't mean no friends coming along, I mean dodging the 15 "very helpful" employees at every store you walk into. Sometimes the rush to help you is actually helpful. Sometimes, it's not. For instance, walking into a clothing store I can nearly guarantee you that the following conversation will occur:

helpful employee: "What size, ma'am?"
me: "Medium"
helpful employee: "okay, Large."
me: "No, Medium"
helpful employee: "okay, okay, Large"
me: "Medium. I wear a MEDIUM."
helpful employee: "sure, sure. Here is a Large."

The other day I was looking for shoes in a large department store here. They were all sized by European measurements, so I wasn't sure what number fit my American foot. I found a pair I liked and went to the shoe guy on duty. I explained my dilemna to said shoe guy, he took one look at my feet, turned over his shoulder and yelled to the other shoe guy across the room, "Maximum Size!"

awesome.

Neil & I got a good laugh out of that one :)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That is great. I am pretty sure that I would have been dying of laughter on the spot. So, I take it no one is too sensitive about size and weight around there? That would be nice.

Rachel said...

This is Rachel Clark, by the way. I haven't figured out how to set up a profile yet :)

Maggie said...

I JUST LAUGHED OUT LOUD. Literally LOLed. :) Love you guys!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Oh my, your blogs always get me good. Love you babe. dad

The McKnights said...

hilarious. MAXIMUM hilarious!

paul moelker said...

I loved your department store story, my own experience thier was most memerable, (most fun I have ever had shopping)

Alison Hart said...

Feeling you!! I love and hate shopping here at the same time!