Thursday, November 4, 2010

Looks can be deceiving

This might look like a normal hand, but it's not. It's actually a hand unintentionally marinating in chilly (yes, that's how it's spelled here) oil. I thought I would be quick and chop chillies with no protective covering. FAIL. After soaking my hands in whole milk 3 different times they still felt like they were on fire for the next 8 hours. I learned this lesson in August.

Fast forward to October. Again, I am cutting chillies. I DO protect my hands this time (an inside out grocery bag works wonders), but I fail to protect my eyes. For some unknown reason I decide I need a closer look while I'm chopping. Result: left eye on fire.

Take note: chillies are not for wimps.

2 comments:

paul moelker said...

I could say, funny, but that must hurt something awful, so I will say EW!!! and Yikes,

Unknown said...

Owie. I've had chilly/chili juice in my eye once, and I got a crushed red pepper seed (like the ones that go on pizza) stuck on top of my eyeball once. It hurts like crazy. Hard to soak one's eyeball in milk too, although where there's a will, there's a way.