Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

When you get to post about things such as the following, you just can't deny that life really is wonderful....

Caleb got married on August 9 to the beautiful and formerly known as Christie Ventling. I got to take the entire week off prior to the wedding to help out with set-up and planning, but mainly to take care of mom :). It was great to get that whole week to spend one-on-one time with the fam and to be able to take everything in and 'treasure these things in my heart'. The week was a blast, the wedding was beautiful and the reception was a true party. If there is one thing that the Wright's can do, it's party. Basically, it was a beautiful beginning to a beautiful marriage. We love you Caleb & Christie!











Last weekend we traveled back 'home' to the west suburbs of Chicago. I think there will always be a part of us that longs to be there. We did a terrible job of taking pictures, so don't be expecting too many from that weekend. BUT, it was wonderful. Friday we spent the early evening with Matthew & Kim (Neil's mentor during the internship & his wife, who just happens to be amazing). We ate some delicious burgers & filet minon wrapped in bacon. Matthew = grill master. That night we spent with our small group. It was so good to see old friends and meet some new members of the group. True to style, they are growing and reaching out to new people in the community, welcoming everyone in with open arms. So thankful for them.

Saturday we ate some yummy pancakes with the Andrew & Melissa Brownback (I am still mad at us for not getting a picture). I had pancakes that tasted like pecan pie. Clearly not a weight-loss vacation... It was wonderful to catch up with them and enjoy some good laughs. It is exciting to see the way that God is shaping their marriage and their hearts. We love you guys! That afternoon we met with some friends from the church (Christian Church of Clarendon Hills) and went to the Cirque du Soleil! Now, I knew it would be amazing, but I didn't realize it was going to be a true circus. It was awesome!! We got a couple of pictures of some of our favorite people at Pompei where we ate after. The first is Scott & Andrea, who are getting married this Sunday! The second is Robert & Jenny, who are pretty much always the life of the party.

















Alright, no more updating. For your viewing pleasure: proof that it's never too late to bring sexy back...


1 comment:

Mandy said...

Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you guys are blogging? I am adding you right now to my links on my blog and look forward to keeping up w/ you guys more this way!

And I'm totally inviting your entire family to bring the party whenever I get married...or if I decide to just have a reception for no reason!