Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rain Rain

Stay for another day!

I am seriously loving these chilly, rainy days recently. I know all of the farmer's at the cusp of harvest would kill me for saying it, but it's true. This is the only time of year when I miss running. There's something about starting out so cold & tight and ending soaking wet & burning hot that makes you feel so alive.

I know. I'm crazy.

Plus, this weather practically begs for leggings & baked goods. I have been relenting to the pressure & am often seen sporting my cotton leggings while hovering over my KitchenAid. My most recent challenge was an oatmeal cookie recipe that was supposed to yield 40 but ended up producing a batch of over 65 cookies! I was thankful for the miscalculation because I was able to play with the ingredients----chocolate in some, honey in others, a few had cranberries & walnuts, others had raisins, and I reserved a small amount for good 'ol plain oatmeal. The problem is that I can never decide which one I want most and end up grabbing one of each. It's not good for the waist, but it's sure good for the heart. Yum.

I'm going to go eat one (*cough* five) now.

I love fall.

No comments: